Premed 101 Forums

acceptance confirmation date?

howdy all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly happens on June 25. I understand it's the date by which all you acceptees out there must confirm, but does that mean you have to make a final binding decision by that date, or is it just the deadline for a downpayment in order to hold your seat? I seem to recall that last year some people i know held on to a number of acceptances for a while before making a final decision later in the summer...is that how these things work, or should we expect waitlists to start moving after the 25th? It'll just have a huge bearing on my mood on the 24th, and I'd like to plan my outfit for that day accordingly. Thanks a lot.

Hey RuxpinLives,

I think by the 25th it is just a downpayment (200$) that must be given, which reserves a seat. But i'm assuming by that date the waitlist would also start moving. They will probably notify the waitlisters after the 25th (by the end of that week). Also, I think people that have been accepted at numerous places will have chosen a place to go to by then, therefore they will only have to submit one deposit, as opposed to several. Which means waitlist people should find out very soon. But all of this is just what i'm assuming.

Good luck, if you have a low number on the waitlist, I think you still have a very good chance! Go ahead and wear your best outfit! hehe.

Archived