Premed 101 Forums

July 1st.....new residents

Just wondering if anyone is as worried/excited/freaked out as I am about

the impending July 1st start....

I have my four new looooong lab coats. Extremely crisp out of the bag.

Dr. B :rolleyes: nicely labelled. So I have run them through the washing machine, going on the 7th time today. I just want them to be less new.

I start on the pediatric wards. My first day on the wards is also my first call shift. At least I am not unfortunate enough to be on call on the long weekend, that would really suck.

Hope that all goes well July 3rd and onward, fingers crossed.

Hey there,

Yep, it's going to be a bit different, isn't it?! Where are you starting? Did you program provide you with the four long coats? On this end, I begin relatively nicely with a month of Radiation Oncology and don't know yet if I'm to work on July 1st, so you're fortunate to not have to work until July 3rd. Best of luck when it rolls around.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

A fella in my class matched to mac rads.

I will be remaining here in Winnipeg. I am matched to community med and I will also be completing family med.

Good luck with rad onc and I am sure ;) that you won't be working the long weekend.

Hey there,

Which class did you just graduate from? (We've received the e-mail contacts plus names of all the incoming Rads residents.) As for Rad Onc, I hope you're correct. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi,

Yep, I am absolutely terrified of all the new responsibilities and expectations of being a resident! I have already been scheduled to teach med students about x ray interpretation during rural medicine week. (I talked my way out of IV starts!) I am in a small community, and apparently the hospital review board has been really excited about their "first brilliant incoming resident" (I am the first resident in a new community based practice). I have also seen the clinic where I will work. I have my own exam room fully equipped with a video camera to record my skills...which will then be sent in to my program directors! Unfortunately I am a bit rusty after a rather long 3 month vacation! Maybe once I see if I passed the LMCC, I will have a bit more confidence in myself.

Ruraldoc

Peds ER is chillax, and that was my first clerkship experience...so as a resident I don't know...I guess you just have to have your A/P crisp and be more on the flow/volume side...

Good luck to you all, I would be completely terrified...with my luck, I'll be starting in ICU/transplant/cardiac in a 3ry care hospital and of course be on call the first day...

I should be going to bed, I have an early ER shift soon...

noncestvrai

Archived