Premed 101 Forums

89 Chestnut and other residences

I applied to 89 Chestnut a little while ago for a single on the grad floors. How likely is it that I'll be able to get a room? I'm not sure how deep the wait lists are and the person I talked to on the phone didn't provide much information.

Additionally, has anyone here stayed in other residences such as Knox College? I'm trying to find some opinions about the other residences since they seem to have spots left. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I've also applied to 89 Chestnut and quite curious as to the chances of getting a room there? The lady I spoke to said that all rooms had been offered (on the graduate floors, at least) and that only when offers were turned down would there be a chance of getting a room.

When did you make your application to 89 Chestnut, Draff?

I applied as a back back up in April.

I know some of the people involved with the residence and you are right, all spots have been offered and only if declined will new spots become available.

The only other residence I'd want to live in is Graduate House, but I believe the deadline passed already.

I didn't apply to the other graduate places. They are affiliated with religious colleges, if that makes a difference to you.

I'm still kicking myself for not applying earlier (even in late May I might've gotten a spot) but I was still debating between Toronto and Ottawa at the time.

Knox and Wycliffe being affiliated with religious colleges doesn't bother me, but I haven't been able to talk to anyone who has lived there to see what it's like.

Well, I guess I might as well look for off campus housing then. :(

I applied late last week too - it doesn't really seem there's a great chance with 89 chestnut right now. if graduate housing doesn't work out, i'm sure there are nice apartments around - it's just difficult to find one unless one is physically in toronto.

Hey guys,

I lived at Grad House when I was in first year. It's a pretty good deal for rent, and I didn't want to eat caf food, so it worked well for me. Medicine does indeed have 6 spots reserved in Grad House, so call Diana Alli in student affairs and she will help you out.

Archived