Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Verification

Guest DHP62

• 3 weeks later...
Guest walkorbike

Hello, I was getting worried because I hadn't received my verification report yet, but it showed up today and now I know the reason for the delay as the report is in French! I did check off 'bilingual' on my app, although I am no Voltaire or anything, and I am kind of pleased that OMSAS makes such an effort. Mostly, I am relieved to get that report and see that all is in order! Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lola Lee Lolo

I have to add that I nearly threw up when I got my verification letter...there i was in january and OMSAS still hadn't received my transcripts from McGill! It turned out that multiple OMSAS applicants from McGill did not have transcripts forwarded there (though I did receive the transcript from McGill which I requested as 'insurance', to know that a transcript had been mailed and to have a ball-park idea of when it should have been received at OMSAS). In any case, McGill sent a clarification letter and *hopefully* everything has forged ahead with review of my application. The lady I spoke with at OMSAS was very kind and supportive, but I was pretty freaked out. Did this happen to anyone else? I would be interested to hear about your experience!

Guest walkorbike

Hi, Lola. Oh, I hear you. Normally, McGill's Registrar's office is awesome. It is speedy and efficient and sends a copy of the transcript to you as proof within days. This year, I got nothing and my daytimer is full of worried little notes, eg. 'Oct 21. OMSAS says problem at McGill, wait and see.' My pathetic plan was to photocopy my daytimer if my transcript never showed up (and submit it to OMSAS as proof that I was trying to track it!). I don't know what went on at McGill this year. I'm glad to hear your transcript is in the process of being straightened out; I know that I was one worried camper until I heard my transcript was sent and received.

Guest Lola Lee Lolo

Glad to know I wasn't the only anxious one. I've dealt with the Registrar and Transcripts office several times before, no complaints! of course, when you REALLY need them to come through for you, something happens--c'est la vie, huh! I had to send a letter of explanation and proof to OMSAS (photocopy of the postmark from my transcript's envelope/request letter, etc!)...very scary! I guess the rule is to keep a good paper trail in order so you have it when you need it!

Archived