Premed 101 Forums

no physics

Does anyone know of any american schools that dont require physics

There are over 100 med schools in the US. I know the majority of them require a full year of physics. I doubt anyone could list the ones that dont requrie it. I suggest either you check out each individual's schools admissions website OR you get your hands on a copy of the MSAR (Medical school admission requirements). The MSAR is a book published by the AAMC (American Assoc. of Medical Colleges). It contains info regarding requirements, details about the program, deadlines, GPA/MCAT info...all that good stuff about every medical school in North America. If you don't want to purchase your own copy then check out your university's academic advising/career centre. They should have a copy.

according to MSAR, surprisingly, more schools require physics than any other courses

my friend is in the situation...she only has half year orgo, but it seems most schools need a full year orgo.

anyone know a med sch that doesnt need a full year orgo? or perhaps allow half orgo + half biochem?

CHECK THE MSAR!

Unless someone on this board happened to apply to a school that didn't need orgo...I doubt anyone can tell you a list of schools off the top of their head.

Biochem cannot replace organic chem. You need one full year of org and one full year of physics for almost every school. I would really just suck it in, and do those courses, because your choice is seriously limited when you don't complete these courses. Remember also that these courses must be complete before you matriculate, not before you apply for US schools. So you still have a full year to complete the requirements. You can also take them during the summer: some people have said that the summer option is easier.

Good luck!

Archived