Premed 101 Forums

Official 2007 Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted UWO Thread

Which applies to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which applies to you?

• Admitted and will accept.
    • Admitted and will not accept.
    • Waitlisted, and will accept if admitted.
    • Waitlisted, and will not accept if admitted.
    • Rejected!

Hey everyone!

Do we have any idea a) how many people were offered admission to UWO and B) how many people are on the waitlist? My friend just got waitlisted.

I've heard about 52 get offered admission. I figure another 28 would be on the wait list. Just my opinion. PLEASE CORRECT ME! :)

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

no we interviewed approximately 200 students this past April. only 52 is being offered (i thought it would be 55), i am guessing that the waitlist will at least be 50 - 70 long (not official, my estimate), you don't want to be burnt by ppl dropping out at the last moment. My class had that happened, first week of class, one of my classmate got off the waitlist in meds school somewhere in Ontario. UWO had to go thru a waitlist like crazy to find a sub.!

________

Vaporgenie vaporizer

I'm shocked that the waitlist could have 50-70 people. I would have figured it would be maybe two dozen tops. I just don't see the schools interest in shortlisting THAT MANY people. Hell, even if they put 52 on the admissions list and 52 on the wait list, it seems to be ridiculous to think that potentially your entire admissions list would refuse.

Any other estimates of the wait list size???

Hey there,

UBC I believe offers 40 spots and has close to 40 waitlisters as well. So all things being equal there should be about 52 spots in the waitlist at UWO.

I assume since UWO offers admissions near the end they would have less movement however.

UBC has moved about 15 spots already...

D1

UWO won't have a waitlist of 52 places, UBC only does that b/c they accept people so early and so many people want to go else where. Dal has 36 seats and a waitlist of like 6 so your logic can't be applied from school to school.

From my comment:

So all things being equal there should be about 52 spots in the waitlist at UWO.

I assume since UWO offers admissions near the end they would have less movement however.

All things being equal (they are not equal). Hence the next sentence.

cheers

d1

Ok...just got an email back from Trish...she cannot give any information whatsoever about the waitlist...that includes saying if one is in the top or bottom half of the list and also includes any knowledge about the list in the past.....:rolleyes:

Anybody from previous years know anything about the length of UWO's wait list?? I tried my best..but no results.

Archived