Premed 101 Forums

When to START secondaries?

bane

Hey guys,

So I submitted my AMCAS application last night and was like "good riddance".

This morning I checked my email and saw that I have a few secondaries to fill out. I was like oh just piss off AMCAS, I need this time to study hard-core for the MCAT now.

So, I wanted to ask you guys, would it be safe if I worry about secondaries after August 20th? Or is this pushing it too much?

The deadline is Nov 15th, but early come early go I guess.

Can you guys please advise me what to do in order to make the best use of my time and max my chances? thank you!

Hey guys,

So I submitted my AMCAS application last night and was like "good riddance".

This morning I checked my email and saw that I have a few secondaries to fill out. I was like oh just piss off AMCAS, I need this time to study hard-core for the MCAT now.

So, I wanted to ask you guys, would it be safe if I worry about secondaries after August 20th? Or is this pushing it too much?

The deadline is Nov 15th, but early come early go I guess.

Can you guys please advise me what to do in order to make the best use of my time and max my chances? thank you!

The earlier, the better. It isn't the AMCAS application that holds things up - it's getting your secondaries completed, which includes getting your references. Until your secondary is submitted, your application will not be reviewed by the school. So it's up to you. Since your application will be held until your MCAT scores are released, it's probably better to study now and do well on the MCAT and then use the post-MCAT pre-score release interval to complete secondaries.

Archived