Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to D-Day 2003!!!

Guest TimmyMax

Guest TimmyMax

Hey all,

Well, time to uphold an annual tradition here on EZBoard, and that's the countdown to D-Day, May 30th, when acceptances for the five Ontario schools will be mailed and you will all be accepted into the schools of your choice!

Seeing as how today is the 2nd of May, there are only 27 days to go after today!

Happy counting!!! :)

Timmy

Guest UofCMeds2005

Final exams? Does UWO have finals? I am just curious b/c at uofc I only have one exam - endocrine. We don't get re-examined on a system after it has been completed. We have dean's exams - but they are non-certifying ie. the mark is only for our own benefit, it does not count.

Guest aneliz

UWO has exams in quarters...

We write an integrated exam for each block (ie neuro, or repro, or MSSK, etc) and each exam contains questions from each of our 8 courses (anatomy, physiology, biochem, etc). May 30 will mark the end of our week of exams for 4th quarter and the end of our exams for first year. They are not cumulative exams...but they do mark the end of our first year courses and will be the 'final' component of our first year marks.

These exams are 'final' in terms of the end of first year rather than a 'final cumulative exam' as you would have in undergrad....

Sorry for the confusion.

Guest bad hombre

damn it timmy, as if we didn't have enough anxiety already, now we have this... thanks...:o;)

how the hell are we going to get through this???

kc (in your class) guaranteed me an acceptance. dude better come through...>:

Guest UWOMED2005

UWO final quarter exams and acceptances being sent out. . .

Hah! June 1st was the final day of exams for us last year. I have a brief recollection of writing my finals, and actually scrambling to the LRC to check this forum to see how all the various posters did on June 1st before hitting the Wave for the post-exam celebration. I seem to remember also celebrating that day the fact two current meds 2006 admissions committee reps were accepted as well.

Good luck to all the applicants,

UWOMEDS2005

UWO Meds 2005 student Jeff "if you meet me in the LRC next year and have any questions about clerkship don't hesitate to ask" Rader

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Sorry to add to your anxiety, there, bad hombre, but if KC guaranteed you an acceptance, then it's gotta be true- just like he guaranteed the class of 2006 victory in the Haase Race tomorrow! I hope that boy got some sleep tonight, because by the sounds of it, that Dr. Haase guy is pretty damned fast! I'll let you know how it turns out tamara, but unofficially, coming out to the Ceeps that night scored you some major points with current Meds 2006 students! We were all very impressed. Reminded me of a current 2006 student who did something similar with the class of 2005 during his interview weekend. Hope that this helps alleve your anxiety!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest MayFlower1

Ha ha,

You're right...only 27 pills left to take for my arthritic knee (I have a special med school countdown bottle ha ha)...actually, as of right now...gulp :b ...26 days!

Peter

Guest aneliz

So, the Haase race has been won...by the amazing hulk team (meds 2006)....so seeing as KC's guarantee of meds 2006 victory turned out well, your acceptance letter should be in the mail shortly!

Guest TimmyMax

It's a pretty seamless set-up, isn't it? KC helped lead the class of 2006 to victory personally- man that guy comes through in the clutch! :)

Guest bad hombre

so kc delivers... everything is going according to plan... :hat

so what'd the kid do, trip dr. hasse or what?:eek

Guest aneliz

Actually Dr Haase pulled a muscle all by himself (no sabotage) and was only able to run 10.5 K....he was in fourth place when he stopped.

Guest TimmyMax

Well, actually, the class of 2006 just CRUSHED the competition, so really there was no race to be won, other than how many minutes we would finished ahead of the 2005 competitive (or whatever scrubs they could get together to show up at the same time) team...Class of 2006 rules!

Note to all of you incoming UWO 2007s- you have your mission, should you choose to accept it (and being UWO medical students, you do!). so start training now to avoid being humbled like the class of 2005. Or 2004, or 2003 for that matter! ;)

Timmy

Guest UWOMED2005

To put things in perspective, I'm not sure what age Dr. Haase is, but he was involved in UWO anatomy teaching videos (as a model!) that were produced in the early 80s, and my best guess is he is just a few years away from retirement from the faculty. Apparently Dr. Haase used to soundly beat ALL of the med school classes, despite the fact they each would cheat by running teams of runners that would individually run only 500, 1000, 1500, 3000 m, etc each, so the spectacle is rather impressive!

Archived