Premed 101 Forums

COULD BE BAD! For people doing dbl degrees!

hey guys- I just looked at the omsas sheet for uottawa... I read this

"Since we require at least three years of undergraduate

full-time studies in any program leading to the obtainment of

a bachelor’s degree within our eligibility requirements, we will

only convert the most recent three years of studies pertinent to

the candiate’s bachelor program of studies and not convert any

undergraduate degree and/or certificate of one-year duration."

I have completed a 4 year bsc and and in the 2nd year of a BA, does this mean they won't use my last 2 years of my BSc and my first year of my BA in the wgpa calculatioN?

AHH

So if I understand correctly, you completed your BSc and then started a BA in which you are currently enrolled...essentially 2 consecutive undergrads?

So they will take your last 3 years, assuming all your years were full-time. So if you just finished your 1st year of your BA, that means they will use your 1st year BA as your 3rd year, your 4th year BSc as your 2nd year and your 3rd year BSc as your 1st year.

Good luck! :)

hey- see that's what I thought at first- but now I think it's that they will use year 2,3 and 4 of my BSC exclusively, b/c I don't have three years going toward the BA- that is, they won't let me take 2 years from 1 degree and 1 year from a second degree because they aren't all going toward the same bachelors- this is my concern.

Hey,

What I think they are trying to say, is that they won`t count 1-year-degrees (not that I can think of any that exist) or certificates. So, maybe if you were going back as a special student for a year or something.

I think that they will still count the 1st year of your BA because that year is part of a "complete" regular degree.

The best way to know for sure though is to contact the school. Just send an email or call...the office is pretty helpful and will be happy to answer your questions.

Archived