Premed 101 Forums

Hello Everyone,

I wrote the June-15 MCAT and since finding out about my 'O' for WS, I am feeling pretty depressed.

It seems my GPA will not meet Ottawa cutoffs and my WS score cuts me out from Queens and Western. Should I attempt to write the MCATs again in September? or focus on doing really well on the personal statement for UofT and the questions for McMaster? I have also started thinking about going down south.. theres so much going through my head right now:confused:

• Ontario Resident
  • Overall GPA 3.74 - Electrical Engineering
  • MCAT 33O (11P - 12B - 10V - O)
  • Decent ECs - volunteering, research, work experience

P.S. Can some please email me some really good writing samples (other than aamc)? -- mcatdude756@hotmail.com -- I shall pray for you. Thanks

I see... so are you in 3rd yr? If so, how do you feel about finishing your degree? You may be able to up your GPA & MCAT & then reapply... your GPA's good, you're not far from the cutoffs... same with the MCAT, generally good, with practice you could improve it... I'm not too knowledgeable on schools besides Ottawa, so I don't know, maybe you could get in this yr, I have no idea. But if ever you don't, I definitely think you're still in the game ;)

you've got nothing to loose by taking a shot at UofT and Mac (heck, your mcat is so close that i'd even consider queens as well... queen's cutoff 2 years ago was a 32 P, it changed to a 30Q, so it's not out of the question that it could go to a 32 or 33O)

i think you should definitely apply this year (you have a chance at some schools), but be advised (if you are in your 3rd year) that not many 3rd years get in (for ottawa u you would definitely have a better chance - regardless of the score - if you finish your degree first). If you apply now you might get in, and if not you still have time and you can take the MCAT again next year. Best of luck :)

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you more or less.

The first time I wrote the MCAT I got an O...I rewrote and was even more disappointed at getting an N.

I've looked into getting the WS reevaluated (because I was really shocked at seeing that N) and the AAMC website mentions up to 4 months time for getting WS remarked.

For now I'm really focused on US schools...perhaps it is something you should look into.

Archived