Premed 101 Forums

First day?

Hey guys,

does anyone know what the schedule for the first day of class, Sept 4 is?

Am away from home, so haven't been able to look at the info package, and am trying to set up utilities etc at my new apartment, with the service person coming at 430pm on the 4th.

Should I rebook?

Hey guys,

does anyone know what the schedule for the first day of class, Sept 4 is?

Am away from home, so haven't been able to look at the info package, and am trying to set up utilities etc at my new apartment, with the service person coming at 430pm on the 4th.

Should I rebook?

Check out the first week of orientation stuff here:

http://meds.queensu.ca/students/meds2011/o_week_schedule

So looks like you'll be free at 430!

Here is the schedule for classes for the whole year:

http://meds.queensu.ca/courses/calendar

Does anyone know if it's common for changes to be made to the class schedule later in the year? Or is this schedule final?

There might be the occasional change, usually caused by a change in a prof's availability. I wouldn't expect that to happen more than once a month (if that) in phase I. Phase 2a's schedule might be a little more volatile, considering it's further away and has many more clinicians teaching in it. But again, things shouldn't change drastically, just a few lectures shuffled around.

Also, for some reason, I find myself very jealous of your classes starting back up after the holidays on Jan 7, having been dragged back to Kingston on Jan 3 for the past two years. Bah :P

There might be the occasional change, usually caused by a change in a prof's availability. I wouldn't expect that to happen more than once a month (if that) in phase I. Phase 2a's schedule might be a little more volatile, considering it's further away and has many more clinicians teaching in it. But again, things shouldn't change drastically, just a few lectures shuffled around.

Also, for some reason, I find myself very jealous of your classes starting back up after the holidays on Jan 7, having been dragged back to Kingston on Jan 3 for the past two years. Bah :P

Haha, when i saw the schedule for January I was very excited, since the sessional dates list Jan 2 as the beginning of phase 2a!

When changes are made to the schedule are you notified by email or in a prior lecture or just expected to check the calendar every day? Thanks for the info!

When changes happen, you usually find out when you go to the calendar to print the notes for the lecture (which are usually posted only 1-2 days before). so yes, you'll be on the website a lot! Most often it's just a change in the order of lectures not in the times you have to be there

For major changes, and depending on the course director we sometimes get emails to let us know.

Archived