Premed 101 Forums

CV

do we need verifiers?

also abt the referees, does the mcgill id have to be present? the application start date is just so far away and I want to get my referees started and just give them all at once rather than keep coming back with more

thnks

You do not need verifiers, but if you are applying in Ontario you will already have a list at hand if you ever require it.

The McGill ID does not have to be present. I remember reading on the website that they strongly suggest you have one so that the processing time is reduced on their end. You can hand it in without it though.

However, this is irrelevant because you can open a McGill application online at any time I believe. You pay 80$ and start filling out the online form. You will get your McGill ID at this point which you can put on the form, print and hand to your referees as the deadline approaches.

no the application cannot be started b4 their opening date which is early sept according to their website and I dont want to wait that long to get my referees to start writing letters

thanks for the replies guys but I think ill contact mcgill see what they say

If you don't mind, what did the people at McGill say when you asked them this? :P I also would like to get my referees out of the way.

If you don't mind, what did the people at McGill say when you asked them this? :P I also would like to get my referees out of the way.

they said that they are prepared to received files early. They will open a temporary folder with your stuff and then when you actually open an application, they will use your name to match the files. ^_^

Also for the CV, are you doing it like an actual CV and list responsibilities or what you got out of the experience like all other sketches?

• 2 weeks later...
Also for the CV, are you doing it like an actual CV and list responsibilities or what you got out of the experience like all other sketches?

I think I will put a little description for each activity with a bit of column A and a bit of column B, but there isn't much room....I wonder if there is a font size limitation. :confused:

Also, do we need verifiers for activities listed??

I just put my roles and responsibilities. What you got out of it goes into the autobio letter. It is a normal CV. I chose to split up my paid and volunteer activities. Also, I normally have an education section at the top but took that out for this one cause they said to put info they can't find anywhere else and my education history is in my application. Take care when preparing the CV and autobio letter. They are quite important.

Archived