Premed 101 Forums

UofT Undergrad Course question

Hello.

I will be going to UofT st.george this year and i trouble deciding which courses to take.

I have two options so far that i have thought about:

BIO, 2 chem half courses, phy , calc and a sociology.

the other option is

BIO, 2 chem half courses, phy, calc , 1 english half course, and 1 psychology half course.

Both is the FCE of 5 credits.

I am having trouble deciding which one i should go with. The first option maybe a little easier in terms of workload, so an perhaps a higher GPA. The 2nd option, has an english course destined to help me brush up on my writting to the university level, which i think may be rewarding in the future. I took the psychology half course because one of the subject POSts that i am interested in requires that i take this course in the first year. However, as an aside, my college Innis has a writting service, which is designed to help students with their papers and give out advice on how to improve your writting. I am not sure if this is as rewarding as the Eng course.

So i need some advice on which option may be better to enhance and make my first year not as stressful and more fun. Which one do you guys think i can do better academically in.

For the second option are you missing calculus?

Honestly, you need to decide which set of courses to pick or else you will be miserable for your first year.

Best of luck and remember your GPA is the first priority to receive an interview. Many applicants have glowing applications except for a not so hot GPA. This usually affects their admission into medicine in some way.

careful with the second option... you may have difficulty finding a social science to fit the breadth requirement in later years (unless you're fine with taking a 1st year credit in upper years) but personally i'd take choice #2... psych was interesting (but i took the full year one)... and come on, you haven't even started university and you're already worrying about your gpa?? just work hard, follow a course of study that interests you, and make sure you go out and enjoy university life everything else will follow :D. (and if you're gonna obsess about gpa, make sure you realize what it is you need to obtain/maintain... a 4.0 is by no means necessary... nor sufficient :P)

"Which one do you guys think i can do better academically in."

We don't know you, so we can't answer that. :)

Otherwise both choices look just fine. Personally I'd go with choice #1 to get the social science credit out of the way... but you can always do SOC101 next year.

"Which one do you guys think i can do better academically in."

We don't know you, so we can't answer that. :)

Otherwise both choices look just fine. Personally I'd go with choice #1 to get the social science credit out of the way... but you can always do SOC101 next year.

I agree with groobs. But essentially it is your own decision.

Archived