Premed 101 Forums

omsas volunteer/EC list

Hey guys,

omsas has 48 or so spots for volunteer work from the age of 16 and up...I wasn't really that active in high school but I am in undergrad so I have about 15-18 activities I've been a part of that I've listed, and that are pretty substantial. Is this ok? Do most people fill out the entire thing? I'm kinda worried.

you don't have to fill out the whole thing. most people seem to favour quality over quantity, but make sure you're not missing anything. i can't remember how many spots i used when i did mine, but i definitely didn't fill it. still, i almost forgot several things while i was working on it and it ended up being longer than expected. also check out some of the threads on this topic in the forums because there are people including things that i never would have thought of! (i.e. creative writing in spare time, intramural sports, travel, one-day volunteering...)

Hey guys,

omsas has 48 or so spots for volunteer work from the age of 16 and up...I wasn't really that active in high school but I am in undergrad so I have about 15-18 activities I've been a part of that I've listed, and that are pretty substantial. Is this ok? Do most people fill out the entire thing? I'm kinda worried.

Theres also an OMSAS discussion board, http://www.premed101.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15 you can share over there too.

Archived