Premed 101 Forums

What's your beef?

jpc43

I just wanted to rant about two things I've noticed that sucks about this test:

1. I've had two instances in the Physical Sciences that asked a question about stopping and the energy required compared to the initial kinetic energy. One was equal (ideal conditions), and one was greater (due to heat loss, and sound loss, friction). What's the deal? I can't find anything in the passage that says whether to assume lossless or not.

2. What's up with questions in verbal stems saying stuff like "What does the author mean when using the word 'great'?". No indication to where in the passage this word is located. Sometimes it takes me a negligable amount of time to find it, but sometimes it feels like 10 minutes.

Sorry, just frustrated, and tired.

I just wanted to rant about two things I've noticed that sucks about this test:

1. I've had two instances in the Physical Sciences that asked a question about stopping and the energy required compared to the initial kinetic energy. One was equal (ideal conditions), and one was greater (due to heat loss, and sound loss, friction). What's the deal? I can't find anything in the passage that says whether to assume lossless or not.

2. What's up with questions in verbal stems saying stuff like "What does the author mean when using the word 'great'?". No indication to where in the passage this word is located. Sometimes it takes me a negligable amount of time to find it, but sometimes it feels like 10 minutes.

Sorry, just frustrated, and tired.

Welcome to the club. My beef is VR. I dont really hate it as a testing tool, and I kinda like the MCAT.... but I just suck at it.

I hate locating words in VR - i'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to be testing (it is a huge waste of time). I wish they would at least tell you what paragraph the word is in.

Oh ya... does CBT VR have line #'s? I dont think they do... at least the pdfs dont.

I hate locating words in VR - i'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to be testing (it is a huge waste of time). I wish they would at least tell you what paragraph the word is in.

Same here, such a big waste of time. I hate when I cannot answer a question because I cannot locate the word. So stupid.

bane - there are no line numbers :(

Same here, such a big waste of time. I hate when I cannot answer a question because I cannot locate the word. So stupid.

bane - there are no line numbers :(

I couldn't believe when I did the first practice AAMC and realized that there are no line numbers...:eek: AAMC is soooo evil.

hahahahaha, independent VR passages would be horrible omg

"Imagine there was a passage here, what would the author have to say if he was a dancer:

A) Wrong answer

B) Wrong Answer

C) Wrong Answer

D) Wrong answer, but less wrong than the previous 3 according to the AAMC"

actually I realized my true beef.

LOSING $50 for being the EARLY BIRD.

i.e. taking a US seat cause nothing was available, THEN they make more canadian spots but nope, the $50 switching fee is definitely non-refundable. maybe if I didn't register early and just held out...

lol, anyway it better pay off... I'm gonna make love to verbal over the next couple of weeks. need as much practice as I can get !

Archived