Premed 101 Forums

Converting to OMSAS GPA for UCCB

Guest seonagh

Guest seonagh

While my top choice at this point would definitely be Dal, I have been checking out some of the Ontario school's application info. I want to be sure I stay on top of their prereqs in the event that Dal doesn't work out or my situation changes. I don't see a listing for UCCB on the current GPA conversion (I had seen an older version a few months ago that had it and can't remember what number it listed). Does anyone know what to use for the conversion?

Also, I attended university for 2 partial years 11 years ago. My grades at that time were very bad with a number of unofficially dropped courses that show on the record as zeros. Does anyone know if there is any way to overcome something like that for schools like MAC that take every course you've ever taken for your GPA. How do you think the rest of the schools will regard this kind of academic history. After reading the requirements for Ontario schools this weekend I am feeling a little discouraged.

Sheena

Guest peachy

I'm not sure about the GPA conversion for UCCB. The people at OMSAS are very helpful and answer email quickly, though, so you might try asking them directly.

What does "unofficially dropped" mean? Why didn't you drop the courses officially? If there's an administrative reason and it's not your fault, maybe there's something you can do through UCCB to get your transcript modified...?

Archived