Premed 101 Forums

med school references

graceoO

Do you folks use express mail options or just a 93cent stamp.

I wonder if you express them to interfolio, if they ahve someone to sign for them. As we know, OMSAS doesn't allow that.

Interfolio gives you two options, express or regular mail. Regular mail seems to work just fine for me...

you can use interfolio like indicated above, OR you can do what i did: be realllyyy nice and give them addressed and stamped envelopes (official school envelopes) so all they have to do is print out the letters, sign them, and mail them.

haha be reallllllly nice? i wonder how people asked profs to mail out 10 references before there's the convenience of interfolio...

haha be reallllllly nice? i wonder how people asked profs to mail out 10 references before there's the convenience of interfolio...

A lot of US universities have pre-med committees, who comprise a packet of LORs and take care of the deliveries. Also, the method of handing in stamped envelopes is quite widespread. Profs generally have access to unlimited printing/copying services, and can make student employee slaves do the copying/mailing for them anyway.

A lot of US universities have pre-med committees, who comprise a packet of LORs and take care of the deliveries. Also, the method of handing in stamped envelopes is quite widespread. Profs generally have access to unlimited printing/copying services, and can make student employee slaves do the copying/mailing for them anyway.

For sure. The only thing is, can you really trust them profs? No doubt, not every prof is a selfish punk, but people get busy and if you gots the money and want to be in control, I think I like Interfolio.

Premed committees are so gay. It always makes me think of these spoiled brats having a premed advisor take care of everything for them. Maybe I'm way out to sea with that stereotype, but I guess having to do it all yourself as a Canuck is tougher.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Question concerning Interfolio.....(I am so new to this!)

Do all schools accept interfolio? I'm trying to check on their websites but so far, I've only found Tufts that specifically says they want letters by mail or by Virtual Evals system....

I would reaalllly appreciate some help!!

Thanks!

Quick Question concerning Interfolio.....(I am so new to this!)

Do all schools accept interfolio? I'm trying to check on their websites but so far, I've only found Tufts that specifically says they want letters by mail or by Virtual Evals system....

I would reaalllly appreciate some help!!

Thanks!

I sent my letters to Tufts by Interfolio and I've been marked complete, so it must've been appropriate.

I've searched the previous posts, and I don't seem to find my answer, so here it goes. I am applying to some American schools, but I am currently waiting until they release my MCAT scores (~Sept 19th). I know that submitting a primary right after that is kind of late, but I was wondering if I should be letting my references know that they have to write letters for the secondaries (so that I can get those done asap after I get them)?? thx!

I've searched the previous posts, and I don't seem to find my answer, so here it goes. I am applying to some American schools, but I am currently waiting until they release my MCAT scores (~Sept 19th). I know that submitting a primary right after that is kind of late, but I was wondering if I should be letting my references know that they have to write letters for the secondaries (so that I can get those done asap after I get them)?? thx!

I dont know what your GPA and BCPM is, but if it is competitive you should try applying nonetheless. And the earlier you get your primary in, the better. Usually references are really helpful with letters and most of the time don't hesitate to say yes. So I don't think they would mind writing one. In any case, you don't have to tell them you didn't use their letter :D

If you're planning on applying, you should let your references know AT LEAST 1 month ahead of time.

• 1 month later...
just out of curiosity,

when the profs send in their ref through interfolio,

would they know how many schools and which ones the student is applying to?

I don't think I'd like them to know i'm applying to 20~30 schools.

what a show of confidence..

The reference writer has no idea how many and which schools their letters get sent to

Does anyone know if a Professor of Emeritus in Medicine counts as a LOR under the science faculty criteria?

Be careful about this. A lot of schools don't even consider Engineering profs as Science profs. Some of them will consider biomedical engineering though.

One of my profs taught me a course under a CHEM code, so I hope that was ok. I also had a Prof in medicine write me a letter, but he was a research supervisor and I didn't try to use him as a science faculty.

Archived