Premed 101 Forums

August 16th MCAT

janny_jan

where'd you write, and how'd you find it ashlay?

Kitchener. It was ok... I thought the verbal and writing sample were pretty standard. The PS was just weird... I almost ran out of time I had to guess a few calculation problems. I studied acid/bases so well and it wasn't even on there! I was really confused on the passage with the charged spheres that touched eachother... no clue. There was A LOT of orgo! Like 3 or 4 passages I think, just each time I hit "next" there was another orgo passage! I just hate how I studied physio so well and it was hardly on there. Bio was mostly just passage based questions :mad: that were pretty just like VR. I swear they could put that BT corn passage on the verbal section and it would work.

All I can say is hopefully the scale is forgiving and I don't have to write it again next year.

PS.

I'm not surprised that finding a seat online was such a fiasco... there were only like, 10 people writing with me! Hundreds of people competing to register in 10 spots, no wonder the AAMC kept messing up.

yah i pretty much agree about the bs section. it was either some ridiculous organic material or some kind of symbiotic fusion of a bio&verbal passage. I've never had any bio or organic classes, so this section always feels like I'm reading through the thesis section at MIT or something.

I found the verbal was quite a bit different than what i practised. I found the passages longer, and the questions more confusing. I did well on practise exams in that section, but I am praying for a 10 there. (I expect 8-10)

I thought physics was easier than the practise tests.

Ouch! You guys are scaring me about the amount of organic... I never took an orgo course, and I've neglected it quite a bit... here's hoping I get a very non-orgo based BS on monday...

I'm sure you guys did fantastic - congrats on being done, and being able to party now =)

I also found that there was A LOT of organic. I haven't taken an o-chem class yet and I didn't really have a thorough grasp a lot of the stuff. Hopefully I took educated guesses!! I totally agree with Ashlay....the corn passage should've been in the verbal section. ugh. Well, glad it's over and now I can have my life back. Hope everybody did well....and good luck to those who still have to write it!

:)

oooo im so up in the air about that exam! I left the exam feeling terrible about it because I ran out of time on the BS and felt that my WS was CRAP! I looked over at another girl's writing sample as i was leaving for my break and she was writing a NOVEL! i didn't get much down.

The PS was alright..pretty standard. VR was a bit easier than i expected but i also ran out of time. I totally didn't buget my time well! Oh well..atleast I'll know that for my re-write! ahaha..thats how sure i am that i'll have to re-do. BARF! The people writing with me were great though!

oh well...time to crack open the post-MCAT bottle of wine that has been staring at me for a couple days now!

congrats on finishing everyone!

Ok ok, i'm feeling a bit better now because I was reading the SDN thread on this exam, and they all thought it was hard too. so hopefully... there will be some heavy curving. even though it still feels like i got an 8 on PS.

ahhh it sucks, like everyone i know has been asking me "How did it go??" and i'm just like.... "uhhh... i dunno... it was ok i guess". i wish i could tell them i killed it!

Archived