Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Cut-off

Hello everyone,

I've seen/read several times that the MCAT cut-offs in previous years for Queen's for the verbal reasoning section has been 10.

My MCAT is 14/14/9, which would be a decent score save for the stupid VR :mad: So my question is: should I apply to Queen's for this coming year? Will I have any chance? My grades and ECs are good, but I'm not sure about the MCAT.

Thanks!

Hey mistah_g!

Great job on the 14/14! Wow, you must be so good at biology and that esoteric circuit diagram stuff!

As for whether to apply or not, while the verbal cut-off has been a 10 for awhile, but every year it changes so you could get lucky this year. If the $75 application fee isn't a huge deal for you, then I would say, just go for it and you never know what might happen.

wow, yeah, great job on the bio and the physics!

How did you score on the writing sample? If you met the cutoff for that, I would definitely apply. I actually know a friend who got into Queens as a third year who actually had a 9 in verbal! I'm not really sure what was extra-ordinary about his application. He did meet the cutoffs for bio, physics and WS.

And, as has been said, the cutoff does fluctuate depending on the year so I would say give it a try =)

Hello,

Thanks for the compliments on my score. However, I would have much rather gotten a more balanced score so I wouldn't have to worry about this in the first place, cause the high scores don't really help me :(

My score for the writing sample is Q. I believe the cut-off for previous years was around P, so I would be okay?

Thanks again!

I think you should apply FOR SURE. Even though highly unlikely they will drop the hard cut to a 9, they just MAY, u never know. So it's worth applying.

(they dropped something last year, 32 to 30 total).

nevertheless, nicely done...

And as poolboy said, they may make an exception... you'll never know till a decision comes back from them, and that can only be done after an application.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived