Premed 101 Forums

stuff from transcript

Guest gonzo23

Hey guys,

Question: Would you leave out awards that are listed on your transcript in the autobio. sketch if you had to cut things to meet the 48 entry limit? I'm curious whether having the transcipt, they would already be aware of these awards and not deem it necessary to see them again. Or whether the two things (transcript/sketch) are completely separate.

Secondly, how would you put a job twice if it was research and employment? What about if you have something you did for 3 terms (but the dates don't match up since you can only list one long period). Would you list all 3 terms separately, or just engulf them in one larger time period?

Finally, just wanted to make sure that our verifiers don't need to be in any order relative to the sketch? I didn't cross-reference them (which isn't necessary right?).

Thanks in advance. Sorry for all the questions at once!

Guest Lactic Folly

I would put the most important awards in the sketch, regardless of whether they were on the transcript or not.

Maybe under the research section you could describe your study, while under employment you could put position/title/location. Dunno about the second part, what do the dates not match up with?

From the OMSAS web site:

Q: I am confused about which components of the application require verifiers, and how to link verifiers with a stated activity.

A: Verifiers are required for all school submissions, and for the OMSAS autobiographical sketch only for those applying to the University of Toronto. In order to link a verifier with an activity, place a number in brackets beside the stated activity. This number should correspond with the number on the verifiers list.

This question has been asked by me by a few others so I'll clarify:

If I worked for 3 summers in a research lab, do I need to repeat this 3X in my sketch since you can't clarify dates? Or should I just encompass the 3 summer time periods into one large date period, and then clarify in the interview?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Gonzo,

I had the same issue last year, and what I did was encompass the three summer experiences into one long time period, but I clarified in the description that it was "summers only". This allowed me to leave room for other experiences, while not misleading anyone about that one particular job experience that stretched over three summers.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tirisa

Archived