Premed 101 Forums

Application

Guest JD

When do you guys plan to submit your OMSAS applications? Are you playing it safe by finishing really early, or continuing to edit and tweak your essays until close to October 15th?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm planning to have everything in by this week, (the essay has already been uploaded, as has most of the other info), as I don't like the ominous looks of the caveat on the OMSAS Compass site that reads along the lines of, "We cannot guarantee that the service will be available the week prior to application deadline, but it is your responsibility to have the applications in on time...no exceptions." OMSAS are probably simply referring to a possible inability to access the service due to high traffic volumes that week, but I'm sure, if there was some incredibly large problem on their end, they'd do something about it.

Cheers and good luck,

Kirsteen

I agree with Kirsteen. I think it is best to submit the application preferably on or before Oct. 8. Yes, the caveat on the website about submitting the week before is annoying and it is reasonable to expect that the web-site should have been designed to handle large volumes of cyber-traffic.

However, I doubt that anyone will be starting their application the week before anyway. Also, for those that have edited and re-edited their written material to death - relax, I'm sure that it is fine as it is! Like Kirsteen, I have also finished much (though not all, for sure) of my written stuff and it isn't changing significantly from edit to edit. We all know what we want to say and if the adcom's like it, they like it. If they hate it, they hate it. Even though this is my first time applying, I can guarantee that I (and most of us) will spend a lot of time afterwards wondering if we wrote "the right things." I guess it just comes with the territory.

Good luck, people. If you are getting last minute anxieties, a site like this is the best place to vent!

Archived