Premed 101 Forums

Autobio sketch boxes are too small!

Guest bradfullmer44

Guest bradfullmer44

Hi there,

OK, I am having quite a hard time being very descriptive with these entries in the autobiographical sketch. For example, for an "Employment" entry, there's hardly enough room in the "Description" box to put the title of the position and any sort of description of what kind of stuff one did at that workplace. And the "Location" box is a joke; how can you give the name of an institute/affiliation in that space? Abbreviate everything?

What kind of stuff is most important to get across in these tiny spaces? And what about stuff like "full-time/part-time"? Should that be specified as well? What about if you were a research student for someone; should you try to fit the doctor's name in that "Description" box?

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance.

Guest ricorod

I also agree with you guys. I'd like to add another question that sounds really stupid but is troubling me nonetheless. I know we have to include stuff since the age of 16, but suppose something started before then and continued past 16. Do we list its starting date, even though it would have been before age 16? Or do we just use our "age 16 date" as the starting date for all such activities?

thanks,

rico

I think it's fine if it's started before age 16 and you list that... for example I think you're supposed to include your high school under the education category, but I doubt any of us started that late...

Archived