Premed 101 Forums

Citing verifiers

To associate a verifier with an activity, cite a number (in brackets) beside each activity, then enter the contact information for the appropriate verifier beside the cited number on the verifiers list. You may use the same verifier for multiple activities.

Maybe I have been looking at this too long, but I don't understand this after reading it several times. Do I put the verifier's number on the ABS list? Or do I put the activity number on the verifier's list?

Ok, first you go to the "view/update verifiers" tab, where you list all your verifiers and their contact info. The system will assign numbers to the verifiers, for example Dr. Jones who supervised your rat research will be #1 and Ms. Pupenko who was your supervisor at your cashier job at Walmart will be #2.

Then you go to the actual sketch and list your activities. When you write "conducted research on rats," put "(1)" right after "rats" and Dr. Jones' info will be linked as a verifier. When you list your cashier job, list "(2)" after the last word and it'll link Ms. Pupenko as a verifier.

i love how the verifier citing system is soooo low tech! someday, they'll have an endnote-type function on OMSAS.

LOL, OMSAS is awesome compared to the U of A system, which simply requires you to put your verifier names/phones/addresses in the BODY OF YOUR ESSAYS. And yes, those essays have limits of like 1500 characters and ask THREE questions each.:rolleyes:

To associate a verifier with an activity, cite a number (in brackets) beside each activity, then enter the contact information for the appropriate verifier beside the cited number on the verifiers list. You may use the same verifier for multiple activities.

Maybe I have been looking at this too long, but I don't understand this after reading it several times. Do I put the verifier's number on the ABS list? Or do I put the activity number on the verifier's list?

dont forget to do this in the body of your essays for each school's submission.

Archived