Premed 101 Forums

need suggestions

Biochemnerd

HI I am thinking about applying to McGill med this year. I wonder if anyone know what's their cGPA and MCAT score requirement for an OOP applicants? I am from UBC, I am also not sure how do they convert the percentage mark into cGPA at McGill? I really need help here as the deadline is coming up.

nov 15th is not that close :P I don't think they give specifics for OOP applicants, but they interview about 50 of the 500 who apply and admit 8 :eek: 3.5 and 30 MCAT is 'officially' competitive for in province.

About 400 out of province students apply to McGill university's MD program. I believe I read somewhere that the number of seats allocated to out of province students move around 5 and 8. (Chances are usually pretty bad for out of province students - 400 students going for 5-8 seats). These statistics can be found on McGill's Faculty of Medicine website. The average GPA of all applicants (I couldn't find a statistic for OOP students only) is 3.76 on a 4.0 scale. The minimum requirement is 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Hope this helps.

Pristrom

Hm, Id say apply if you have really good marks (say above 3.85, but perhaps even a bit lower will do), ok MCAT (above 9 in all and more than 30 overall) plus solid EC's. 50 bucks isnt that much to lose, and you never know. The essay is almost identical to UofT, so again, not too much work.

I was an OOP and i got in, so it's possible!:)

cool, thanks for the advice...i like to think i have pretty good EC's so i think i will apply...but i'm sure most people feel that way too!

quick question about the online app...do we just leave the GPA section blank? My school gives out percentage grades. And along the same lines...how is our GPA calculated at McGill? Is it the same scaling as OMSAS?

cool, thanks for the advice...i like to think i have pretty good EC's so i think i will apply...but i'm sure most people feel that way too!

quick question about the online app...do we just leave the GPA section blank? My school gives out percentage grades. And along the same lines...how is our GPA calculated at McGill? Is it the same scaling as OMSAS?

no its not the same scale.. search the forum and you will see how its calculated.

Archived