Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else still awaiting to receive a few secondaries? :S

raptors

EVMS is a screener, you may not receive the secondary. I believe Wayne State is a screener for OOS, as well - I know some people on SDN have been rejected pre-sec from there. RFU is not a screener, though, so it's strange that you haven't received it yet. When did you submit your primary? I think it was like 3 weeks after verification that I finally got their secondary invite.

I'm waiting on Mayo, but it's also a screener. They actually claim they get back to you within 30 days of primary submission with a secondary invite or rejection, but it's been 40 days for me and no word.

EVMS is a screener, you may not receive the secondary. I believe Wayne State is a screener for OOS, as well - I know some people on SDN have been rejected pre-sec from there. RFU is not a screener, though, so it's strange that you haven't received it yet. When did you submit your primary? I think it was like 3 weeks after verification that I finally got their secondary invite.

I'm waiting on Mayo, but it's also a screener. They actually claim they get back to you within 30 days of primary submission with a secondary invite or rejection, but it's been 40 days for me and no word.[/QUOTE]

You should contact them to see what's up.

Yeah, I checked my dates, and RFU was 8 days after verification for me, not 3 weeks.

It's kind of confusing though, cuz nowhere does it say that it's Rosalind Franklin...the title says "Chicago Medical School," so at first I thought it was Pritzker. Make sure you didn't miss it by accident.

Yeah, I checked my dates, and RFU was 8 days after verification for me, not 3 weeks.

It's kind of confusing though, cuz nowhere does it say that it's Rosalind Franklin...the title says "Chicago Medical School," so at first I thought it was Pritzker. Make sure you didn't miss it by accident.

OMG :eek: I feel like such an idiot. I guess I was looking for RFU or searched RFU in my gmail account. I even called them last week, but they didn't ask for my id and just said it'd be sent eventually.

Thanks Jochi! I owe you a drink if you're ever around my area.

hey Jochi,

I got a secondary from Mayo but I waited over the 4 weeks. I submitted my payment Aug 15, but didn't get it until Sep 28. I heard they are backlogged at Mayo. good luck man.

Good to know! I seriously doubt my chances there, but who knows. I first regretted submitting a secondary to Case, too! I was like, "$100 wasted, man!" and now it's the only school to give me an interview to date, lol.

I did attend what is supposed to be the best undergrad in Minnesota and the surrounding states, so maybe that'll catch their eye despite my modest GPA.:rolleyes: I've heard they are sending something like 500 or so secondaries, so it's a huge deal to receive a secondary from them, given that upwards of 4,000 people apply. And the class is just about 45 people!:eek:

Rochester sucks, though. MSP is a good area, but it's about 2 hours from Rochester, so quite a different environment.

I got the "smaller applicant pool" thing from MCW. It says they assign interviews based on credentials and application completion date. I REALLY hate AMCAS now that they took OVER 6 weeks to verify my application.

Yeah, I've been on hold with them for 3 weeks now. There's a couple of people on SDN who have been invited to interview since then, but they are all Wisconsin residents, so I'm not holding my breath.:rolleyes:

Archived