Premed 101 Forums

Conferences

Guest avisee

Guest avisee

Would you list conferences you have attended, if you have extra spaces on your 48 item list? I don't necessarily mean graduate-research conferences (though obviously I would think one would list any presentations at such conferences). What I mean is the sort of conferences predominant at the senior high school level that encourage intellectual stimulation (many of which are really designed to encourage students to attend that university). A well-known example might be Queen's E=MC2 program. Is something along those lines worth listing?

Guest OaTey8

I'd say, if you have extra space, why not throw 'em in there too? Honestly, it can't hurt (unless there's NOTHING else in your sketch, then it would look like you're padding).

Guest peachy

I agree with Oatey - it's up to you to take a look at the balance of things in your sketch, and then decide if these conferences will add something positive to how the sketch describes you. I definitely included a few things on my sketch that were fairly minor.

(And, I would expect that the chances of this decision making the difference between admission and rejection to medical school is virtually zero, so don't worry about it too much! :P )

Archived