Premed 101 Forums

Conversion Chart for YorKU

email Sherrill in admissions med.admissions@usask.ca

Did you get letter grades as well as a GPA out of 9? I got individual letter grades from York and then they tallied my GPA after that. I believe U of S takes each letter grade (as opposed to the GPA out of 9) and converts it into a % (A+ = 95, A = 88), but your best bet is to get that confirmed directly from admissions.

Also, and it might be too late to do this, but last year they did a transcript evaluation and grade conversion for me and told me what my competitive (best 2 year) average was which helped in deciding to apply. Granted, I did it in May when things were less hectic, but it's worth sending them an email to ask.

No, it's not too late to apply. The deadline is December 1. What I meant to say was that it might be too late to get a transcript evaluation (and grade calculation) before the application deadline to see if you're competitive enough to apply. But contact them monday and see if you can still do it. Otherwise, it's still an easy application and not too expensive. If they're using the conversion I mentioned, you should be competitive as OOP with those grades (very impressive!!), depending on your MCAT (but they don't have very high cutoffs, so hopefully you're ok there).

I was just at York for one year, so my best 2 year % wasn't using my York grades. but I do believe that they will convert your letter grades to percentages using some scale, probably the one i mentioned. Again, do contact sherrill in admissions. She's great about responding pretty quickly. Let me know if you have any more questions! Hope to see you in March over interview weekend ;)

Archived