Premed 101 Forums

Omsas online profile

Guest seonagh

Guest seonagh

If you decide not to apply this year, will you be able to keep all of the info you fill in online until next year or are the records cleared out after each round.

Seonagh

Guest aneliz

I believe that the records are cleared out after each round.. ie anything not submitted gets deleted after the deadline. You get a different reference number with each year and that is how your application is tagged. (2004-xxxxx) I doubt that you would be able to save a 2004 application for use next year... but you should probably check with OMSAS for sure.

Guest UofT Student

This is my first time applying, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe before you finally submit your application, they will provide you with a page where you can view all the information you are sending. You will be able to print this page for your records, and you'll be able to re-enter the info next year from this print-out.

Guest peachy

Yes, that printout is definitely something that you want to keep! And you probably want to save yourself a digital version as well. I found it very helpful to take a copy of the OMSAS app with me when I went on interviews to remember what I had told them about myself :P , and I don't think it was available any more once the application had been submitted. (Could be wrong about this, or of course it could have changed...)

Edited to Add: I still found it useful to keep a digital copy because eventually they don't have it up any more, and occasionally I still want that information even after the app cycle has ended!

Guest Nikhila

Actually, the application summary was available to me all year round, although it was definitely very nice to have that hard copy to, as peachy put it, remember what you put on your application because you will certainly be asked about a number of activities!

Bottom line: I was able to access my application summary well after I submitted the application.

All the best and I think that those of you who are starting early to fill out the application have taken a substantial step in the right direction :) I started my application last July and was really glad I did so because the number of times I went back and changed little things was alot and it was a damn good thing I had 3 months!

Archived