Premed 101 Forums

Order and classification of 48 items and Mac's 5 Qs

Guest Jake

Sorry for bothering everyone with these questions but I am kinda unsure about some things:

In putting in the 48 items, must they be put in a particular order or arrangement. For example, should all volunteer stuff be put together? Or is it okay to put in a volunteer thing and then a school thing etc., etc.? Will the system organize them for you?

For the 5 questions for Mac, is it an accepted and known thing that one must make mention of activities (work, school, volunteer, ec) when writing the answers to these questions? I ask this because of the statement that verifers must be used when mentioning an activity in the answers. Personally, I never thought of using my answers as a way to talk about my activities but if they mention the rules regarding it it got me thinking that maybe we are supposed to?

Thank-you,

Jake

I'm pretty sure the system puts it in order for you. You could try putting a volunteer thing, then a school thing, then another volunteer thing and then checking if it grouped the two volunteer things together just to make sure. Don't forget you can always add/remove items.

As for the Mac questions, I found that for 2 or 3 of them I used examples that required verifiers, but for the other questions I didn't (like the knowing when you've learned enough question). I'm not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing though. Perhaps without concrete examples my answers are a little to abstract. hmm...

Guest UofT Student

For your first question, yes, the system will automatically sort your activities for you. You can enter them in any order you like.

Guest blinknoodle

The only thing that needs to be inputted in the proper order are your verifiers. If you want Jane Doe to be #1, submit her first. I couldn't figure out how to move them around afterwards last year.

-bn

Thank-you for the quick replies! I have one more question for now: Under description, should I simply describe what I did or should I also make mention of where I did it. For instance, lets say I did microbiology research at Dr. Smith's clinic at Toronto General Hospital. Should I put down the details of my research omitting the place or should I also mention the place? I mean, if they don't care about the place where you did your activity (a particular hospital etc) then doesn't that leave things open to far-fetched and fraudulent apps?

Thanks,

Jake

Guest UofT Student

Hey Jake,

What I did was as follows:

Under description, I either put my title, a description of the activity, or a combination of the two. I didn't include dates of participation, since that is taken care of with the drop-down boxes for months and years. I also didn't include location, since that is taken care of in the "Geographic Location" box.

Under geographic location, I put the physical location of the activity (e.g. in your case, TGH).

Archived