Premed 101 Forums

How Detailed Should the Descriptions be in the 48 Item List?

Guest CommerceStudent

Guest CommerceStudent

Just wondering how much detail one should put in the description of each item in the list. It's a tiny box...so did people try to squeeze as much in as possible or just provide a basic description? Thx.

Guest avisee

I tried to be as descriptive as possible in the title I listed - it's definitely hard. If your verifier was your boss in a position, it can help to convey extra info by listing their department if you can fit it, but again, that doesn't count for much, since a given school may not even look at the verifier info.

I guess if you have experiences worth describing, you'll save the details for the essay questions or for the interview. But I agree - for a school like McMaster, where your responses count so much towards determining whether or not you interview, it seems necessary to provide as much description as possible.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It might be best to be as descriptive as possible without compromising the readability of the line too much, i.e., by placing too many less obvious abbreviations or acroynms, etc.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived