Premed 101 Forums

Arrival of Transcripts / Current Year Courses

Guest Elaine I

Guest Elaine I

Does anyone know if it is okay to have your transcripts arrive at OMSAS prior to your application? Obviously, in province transcripts will be ordered directly through OMSAS. I have to order my out-of-province ones separately though. Is it okay to send them now, or should I wait until my application is submitted in a couple of months?

Are college transcripts required, or just those from universities attended?

Also, do transcripts need to represent all of your planned courses for the 2004-05 school year? I will be taking 4 courses through the University of Waterloo and 6 to 8 courses through Athabasca University. In both cases, only some of my courses are on my transcripts to date. At UW, it is not possible to register for winter courses yet. At Athabasca, it is possible to register, but that involves paying for all of the courses now, something I would rather not do.

Thanks for your help,

Elaine

Guest aneliz

Lots of questions...

OMSAS used to be able to accomodate transcripts and referees letters that arrived ahead of your application. I don't know if this is still the case, so you might want to check with them. That said, I don't think that it would be a good idea to wait until after the application is in (unless you are planning to submit it REALLY early) because OMSAS wants all of your transcripts IN by the deadline...and it would really suck to miss the deadline.

As far as I know, you are required to send transcripts for all post-secondary programs and courses that you have taken...so that would include college programs as well.

As for current (or anticipated courses), I don't think that they need to show on your transcript at this point. If things are like they used to be, you could enter 'future' courses into the OMSAS application. If they appear on your transcript, great. If not, don't worry. I had the same problem when I applied - I couldn't register for winter courses yet. In fact, I even ended up taking a few different courses in the winter than what I entered onto the OMSAS app in the fall...no worries....and no need to tell OMSAS about it. The key is to make sure that you submit a transcript in the spring that accurately reflects what you have done this year. It is in the spring that they look at your current year stuff...not the fall.

Archived