Premed 101 Forums

Rewrite the DAT?

I wrote the DAT last year and got these marks:

RCT-19

PAT-17

Carving-3

Science-22

I am only applying to Western and Toronto. I was wondering if these scores are good enough, considering both these schools do not look at the carving score. Any advice?

No, you shouldn't bother re-writting....If you have good marks, don't have to worry, you'll be interviewed with those scores...plus DAT doesn't measure anything and schools dont really care. Good luck

• 1 year later...
Sounds like someone is trying to throw you off. DAT is a hoop they make you jump through to weed out the dumbasses. Play their game. It's worth it.

I was too busy and haven't seen this post.

But are you kidding me? His/her DAT scores are more than fine for Toronto. There are plenty of people in the school who have similar stats on teh DAT as he/she does. And if ur worried about the craving score, UT doesnt really care, and this is where the applicant is applying to.

Throw ppl off? I don't see how you can interpret my post in that sense?

I was too busy and haven't seen this post.

But are you kidding me? His/her DAT scores are more than fine for Toronto. There are plenty of people in the school who have similar stats on teh DAT as he/she does. And if ur worried about the craving score, UT doesnt really care, and this is where the applicant is applying to.

Throw ppl off? I don't see how you can interpret my post in that sense?

I don't know who you are referring to, but the PAT score is rather low for an interview.

I would rewrite, but make sure you don't go below what you have now.

I don't know who you are referring to, but the PAT score is rather low for an interview.

I would rewrite, but make sure you don't go below what you have now.

Yes his her her PAT scores on on lower side...but many ppl slip through the doors just fine with those numbers. But I agree, if the applicant has time and wants to improve his/her chances to other schools other than UT, then maybe consider re-writting.

This thread was created in 2007:p

Yikes! yah i know, sorry had to bring it back up. But some 1 charged at me :P and pointed out this thread in their post as well ....so I had to respond and bring it back up :D ...My apologies for bringing up an outdated thread...:)

Archived