Premed 101 Forums

How to prepare for the interview

Hello, I know that interview invitations are not out yet, but I want to start preparing for interview as soon as possible.

I think I am so worried because I applied to UBC only.

Is there any interivew prep courses in Vancouver that I can attend?

I looked at last year's thread and got some general ideas about the types of interview questions, but I still don't know how to answer them.

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated!

-Jay

Hello, I know that interview invitations are not out yet, but I want to start preparing for interview as soon as possible.

I think I am so worried because I applied to UBC only.

Is there any interivew prep courses in Vancouver that I can attend?

I looked at last year's thread and got some general ideas about the types of interview questions, but I still don't know how to answer them.

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated!

-Jay

The dental interview is based on the business interview format. You are given fictional situations or asked about a life experience on a particular topic. You answer them to the best of your ability. The whole purpose of the interview is to get to know YOU.

If you want to improve your interview skills, go to your Student's Union and see if they offer a business interview course. They will give you tips on how to wow your interviewers. There are no wrong answers in the interview, but the people on the panel are given some guidelines on what to look for in your answer. Your best bet is to try and give a detailed and well organized answer. They are also given a list of supplementary questions to "probe" you with if your answer lacked depth. On the first few questions, if they ask you questions to try and get you to tell them more, take this as a hint that they want a more depth in your answer and answer the next questions with a more thourough answer.

Good luck.

Archived