Premed 101 Forums

interview prep

is there anything specific i should be looking at to prepare for this interview? i've taken medical ethics classes and a course on issues in the canadian health care system. i've also worked in a hospital for three years, but i'm not sure how to prepare for this!!! HELP!!!

MUN is known to have a fairly relaxed interview formula. A lot of the interview are questions like what do you do in your spare time and why, tell us about your family growing up, what's wrong with the medical system today etc. I imagine there will be a couple of curve balls thrown in but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

The rule of thumb I keep hearing is be yourself and don't come across as someone who memorized a bunch of answers you thought the committee wanted to hear. They really want to get to know you, not some coached questions.

MUN's interviews seem pretty standardized (which in my opinion is a good thing). It prevents one candidate from getting something way different then any other candidate.

It's fairly straight forward stuff for an interview. Know yourself. There were no curve balls asked when I did it.

I haven't had an interview at MUN, but I know a few people who have. It's funny, because they all expected a fairly relaxed interview because that was what they had been told by other people, but they found it to be quite the opposite. They told me that they found the interviewers & interview unfriendly and uncomfortable.

rrt23, I'm not trying to freak you out or anything! :) I just thought I should mention this because my friends were caught off guard by this when they went through the interviews.

Archived