Premed 101 Forums

Congratulations on Your Interview

Seeing as how the majority of the communication on this board from current Queen's medical students last year was from one particularly loud-mouthed colleague, I thought I could provide an alternative. I'm Ken Collins, a first-year medical student at Queen's, and I'm involved in planning your interview weekend. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on the board here or e-mail the "Class of 2012 Hotline" at qmed2012 (at) gmail (dot) com. (Please don't send me a private message on the boards.)

BOOKING YOUR INTERVIEWS

Our interviews are being held on March 1-2 and March 29-30. I've been calling around to hotels to get good rates for you guys, but there is this hockey tournament on the March 29-30 weekend which seems to have taken up many of the hotel rooms in the larger hotels. There is, however, a number of bed and breakfasts, small inns, etc. to house you, too. They also tend to be cheaper and some include breakfast. Some of my classmates are also offering up spare beds, futons, hammocks, etc. if you would like to save money, but they are limited.

WEEKEND FESTIVITIES

We've got cool stuff planned for you on Friday and Saturday nights, in addition to the awesome information sessions and tours of the campus and city during the day. (I HIGHLY recommend the city tour. The guide is hilarious.)

Guest begaster

What time are we looking at for interviews? I'll be driving down from Toronto, so I'm wondering if I should book a hotel for the night before.

Gracias!

begaster, I think the first interview time slot last year was 9 AM, and I can only assume they will do the same this year. I would advise against booking hotel rooms before you know your interview date and time.

The tour guide isn't me, Jochi, but he's still fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry I haven't checked this in awhile. I'd say that 10-15 minutes before your interview should suffice.

Sorry this couldn't be more helpful.

That's alright! I ended up showing up almost an hour early. It was great though since I had the opportunity to converse with some 2011 med students while I was waiting.

Your presentation was great. The video was hilarious. I must admit that the class of 2011 did quite a good job in convincing me that Queen's is the place to be. I really loved it.

Archived