Premed 101 Forums

is this in fact the case?

I can't say for sure because I haven't seen the form or asked my referees explicitly, but from talking to them this does seem to be the case. I think they mentioned a place for additional comments but I don't know if there is any sort of character limit.

I believe it was a form last year as well that left some room (or maybe maximum one page extra) to write some stuff.

Thing is, it wasn't online last year, so referees could include an extra page in the evelope for their letter along with the standard form. I don't think that's possible this year.

Could be an extra attachment??

Not sure, maybe. If that were the case though, I figure it would be explained in the email ubc sends referees and therefore your referees, for example, probably wouldn't have asked you if they need to submit a formal letter. Anyways, I guess what ever it is that has to be done will be explained in the email, I just though it was weird if in fact a formal letter is not required (or even optional).

It's a form with rating scales (ie: rate the applicant from 1 to 5 on the following basis) and a section for "general comments".

1 page long, word limit on the comments section.

Has to be filled out all in one go (cannot fill out parts, then log back in later to complete).

Archived