Premed 101 Forums

do the current year marks really not get looked at?

Vallinar

so every school says they do not look at the marks of the current year you are applying in... but i'm just wondering how true this is. Do you guys think that they just say that, but when they're makin final choices they take a peak at the final year marks in close situations?

Anybody have any info on this?

so every school says they do not look at the marks of the current year you are applying in... but i'm just wondering how true this is. Do you guys think that they just say that, but when they're makin final choices they take a peak at the final year marks in close situations?

Anybody have any info on this?

My sense is that for the most part they simply don't have access to your final year marks so it can't matter. Unless you have explicitly sent an updated transcript to them they won't see those grades.

My sense is that for the most part they simply don't have access to your final year marks so it can't matter. Unless you have explicitly sent an updated transcript to them they won't see those grades.

well you have to send them an updated transcript before being accepted i believe.

well you have to send them an updated transcript before being accepted i believe.

Admission offers are usually sent out in April/May (May 15 for Ontario schools). Often, final transcripts are not available by then. Thus, decisions are made without your final transcripts.

In the case of Western, your offer could be conditional upon earning 3.7 during a second year (if you didn't already have 2 years above 3.7) and earning your degree.

Elaine

I've asked..and they said "comparable level of excellence"...whatever that means...

I think it's more of a deterrent to stop people from slacking. But who can afford to slack anyway? No one knows for sure they'll be getting acceptance and if they screw up final year, screwed for other professional/graduate programs AND next cycle.

Archived