Premed 101 Forums

A couple questions for an OOP

I was wondering if someone framiliar with the UofO campus could let me know what the best way is to get from the main campus to the medical campus (bus, taxi, shuttle? too far to walk?). I'd have to make the trip early in the morning probably around 7ish. Also, while I'm on main campus can I access the computers in the library without a student card or student number? Thanks!

I was wondering if someone framiliar with the UofO campus could let me know what the best way is to get from the main campus to the medical campus (bus, taxi, shuttle? too far to walk?). I'd have to make the trip early in the morning probably around 7ish. Also, while I'm on main campus can I access the computers in the library without a student card or student number? Thanks!

The best way to get to RGN from the downtown campus is to take a bus (#85) which comes down the transitway that runs directly through campus. You'll want to take the east bound bus. Alternatively you could take a taxi, and that will probably cost you around 15 dollars. For the extra cost, and since you're probably new to the city i'd suggest the taxi, especially on an interview day.

from what I remember about the computers, no you can't. You have to sign in using your student number and password. There are many internet cafe's around (Agora Bookstore) just north of campus, though so internet access is not a problem.

About the computers, you can access the computers in the Morrisette library (on the main campus) without a student card, you just have to register at the circulation desk and show ID. They give you a temporary username and password and it works for either the whole day, or for a few hours. I did that a few times a couple of years ago. Probably the same thing at RGN library too, but I never tried there.

bus, taxi, shuttle? too far to walk?).

I think I'd go with a taxi too, but it might be a bit more than 15$, depending on who you get. In my experience it would be between 15-25$. You could take the 85, it's not complicated, but if you do, please note that it is rarely on time!. It's supposed to go by like every 15 minutes, but it seems like everytime I take it I wait at least a half hour before it goes by. Still, it's a good option if you have to get back to main campus after your interview and you're not in a big rush. Both directions of the 85 pass in front of RGN, so you want to make sure you catch the Bayshore bus to go back to main campus.

It's about an hour walk, just fyi. Not so bad on a regular day, but if you're wearing a suit & nice shoes in the middle of winter, it's probably not your best bet :P

Archived