Premed 101 Forums

Returning interviewee

stone07

Just a question pertaining to those of us interviewing at the same school a second time around. Is it a good idea to let the panel know that it is your second time interviewing at a particular school? Will it be viewed as a sign of commitment and determination to practice medicine, specifically at their school or will they see it negatively? e.g., why couldn't this guy get in before? why didn't other schools want him/her etc?

If it's relevant for the conversation, I would mention it. You would probably be asked the follow-up "what have you done with your time" IF it jives with the station you're at, giving you another opportunity to talk about yourself and the productive things you've done with your time since then.

In my interview letter from Ottawa, they strongly recommend not to mention it if you have interviewed before so as to not introduce bias into your interview experience.

I think that's a good idea! And I don't think they can ask you about it, so it should be pretty easy to steer clear of the topic. They don't want to know about that anyway, it has little bearing on the type of candidate you are. :)

In my interview letter from Ottawa, they strongly recommend not to mention it if you have interviewed before so as to not introduce bias into your interview experience.

I think that's a good idea! And I don't think they can ask you about it, so it should be pretty easy to steer clear of the topic. They don't want to know about that anyway, it has little bearing on the type of candidate you are. :)

I read the same thing about Ottawa. I believe at Ottawa they even make sure that if you have interviewed there before you are matched with different interviewers.

As for the other schools - I agree it is probably a better idea to refrain from broadcasting that you've interviewed there before. If they were to directly ask (which I really don't think they would) - obviously you'd tell the truth... but again, I don't think that question would ever come up... and as Athina mentioned it'd probably be pretty easy to steer cleer of the topic!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived