Premed 101 Forums

Describe a time when you made an unpopular decision

kiwi

Guest begaster
Relationship Update: I don't know if this is positive or not, but for those of you following the saga of my messed up love life... we now have a "buy out" clause in our relationship. At any time, we can put "I'd rather just be friends for now" on the table, without hard feelings on either side of the fence. Funny - I always thought that clause was part of the relationship. He apologized for picking a fight the night before my interview, but it still doesn't undo what he's done, but made me feel a bit better.

You can't possibly be serious. A buyout clause? No hard feelings? This isn't a business contract, you know.

Guess what, every relationship has a similar buyout clause - it's called breaking up. The only difference is everyone else realizes that there will be hard feelings following it. Saying that there won't be will not actually make that the case.

No offense, but your relationship sounds like an absolute train-wreck disaster of a mess. I'd get out fast, before he drags you down with him (ie - sabotaging your interview).

Yeah... it's starting to sound more and more like a business contract all the time now... and we had another fight over the weekend. It looks like it's the end of the line.

Oh look, if I get into med school, I'll start out single :) Maybe I'll meet a nice nurse ;);)

Yo there are still SINGLE pre-meds on this website, LOOK around man! I just got dumped by Joichi - but there may still be hope!

Yeah... it's starting to sound more and more like a business contract all the time now... and we had another fight over the weekend. It looks like it's the end of the line.

Oh look, if I get into med school, I'll start out single :) Maybe I'll meet a nice nurse ;);)

Hehe, I like your updates! It's better than the horrible stuff they put on TV nowadays (no hard feelings, of course I hope things work out for you).

But I like how you're looking at this with a positive attitude..either that or you're being sarcastic/cynical =P

i dunno. I'd probably avoid answering this question with anything personal (ie: "my parents did not want me to pursue medicine") and I'd stick to work-related stuff like Dr. Cave

hey supafield -- i hear ya. I remember being a server at this restaurant where they instituted a "policy change" to have different "uniforms" on superbowl sunday. I wasn't so into the new outfit and made the very unpopular decision to complain to upper management (since skimpy tends to pull big tips and well, the other servers wanted the new uniform). I can't say it was a success story... I was treated like a raging feminist for weeks (bring it on, lol) but it hurt me for wages: my section in the busy lounge was subbed for the "toilet section" and I ended up having to quit. :eek: any one who has worked as a server knows that you just can't fight the resto politiks

Archived