Premed 101 Forums

Second round?

So I believe the first round for UCC and UCD has gone out - would anyone know when the second round might begin? and how many official rounds there are. As well, if we have not yet been denied from some of the Irish schools traditionally would anyone be able to speculate on the chance of being offered a spot over the next few months. In other words, would we still all have a 20% chance or somewhere near 80% chance of being offered a spot? I'm not looking for exact answers - but rather just where we stand at this stage in the application process. If anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated - a lot is riding on these letters.

• 2 weeks later...

this is what i received from ABP office as part of an email:

"University College Cork and University College Dublin have recently issued their first rounds of offers for this Fall entry. Although you were not issued one, you are not amongst the applicants to whom they have denied entry to date and further offers will be issued during the upcoming months"

this is what i received from ABP office as part of an email:

"University College Cork and University College Dublin have recently issued their first rounds of offers for this Fall entry. Although you were not issued one, you are not amongst the applicants to whom they have denied entry to date and further offers will be issued during the upcoming months"

Wow, when did you get that email, and in what context?? I have yet to hear from UCD, but I called them directly and they said that had not evaluated all of the apps yet. Same with Trinity. Weird.

Wow, when did you get that email, and in what context?? I have yet to hear from UCD, but I called them directly and they said that had not evaluated all of the apps yet. Same with Trinity. Weird.

Today.

Context. I asked for an update of my application.

What's weird about them not having evaluated all the apps yet? They could be referring to the late applications.

Thanks Maserati, I did the same thing you did as well a little while after I posted this thread and received the same message from ABP - apparently this situation we are in (not rejected and waiting for notice) is grounds to be encouraged at this stage in the game. I still wonder at what the size of the stack of applications are on their desks and ultimately what are the odds at this point - are we one among scores of applicants, 100s of applicants, or 1000s of applicants?

Today.

Context. I asked for an update of my application.

What's weird about them not having evaluated all the apps yet? They could be referring to the late applications.

Its just weird because you would think the 'first round' would be based on all of the applications, right? Mine was not late at all, but apparently I am only considered in the 2nd round. It just doesn't make that much sense...and we had conflicting messages from them. When I called they didn't say anything about rounds, just that they hadn't gone through all the apps yet.

called galway directly today and was told that though my application hasn't been mailed out, it is in the "rejection" rack 'cause my GPA is not above 3.8 for this year's cut-off.

... funny how i've heard of people getting in so far who do not have 3.8

anyway, my previous speculation about us ( those who haven't received any news year ) being in the "to be offered" list, is not correct.

good luck to you all.

Wow maserati, harsh news about the not-yet-mailed rejection.

I'm another one of the ones that hasn't heard anything yet...what's your impression on how hopeful we should be? Are "first round offers" completely mailed out? Is the "second round" just filling in spots turned down by the first?

Hey guys, I called ABP yesterday and they told me the second round offers out of UCD have been sent. Also, Trinity are going to be sending their first round offers next week. Good luck! they didn't say how many rounds were needed, as many as necessary I guess? not exactly sure.

Does accepting an offer at one school mean that you can't get an offer from another?

I don't want to sound greedy or anything. I accepted my offer at one because they only gave me 2 weeks to do it and I didn't want to give up the offer...but I'm kinda thinking that I would like to have the option to switch if I get into another one. Anyone know?

Archived