Premed 101 Forums

Current Year's Marks

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the policy towards how much current year marks can drop without causing problems to possible med spot offers?

My current year is not turning out as well as previous years, and although my cgpa probably won't drop dramatically, I'm a little paranoid about it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey' date='

I was just wondering if anyone knew the policy towards how much current year marks can drop without causing problems to possible med spot offers?

My current year is not turning out as well as previous years, and although my cgpa probably won't drop dramatically, I'm a little paranoid about it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks![/quote']

If none of your current courses are specific prereqs for the program, I'm pretty sure you just have to pass (if you aren't done the set # of courses they require). If you already have 3+ years of full-time studies as well as all the specific course prereqs, I believe you don't even have to finish your year (as the previous poster mentioned).

When I got the offer last yr, I hadn't completed my pre-reqs yet. In the letter of conditional acceptance they seemed to only require that I pass them...although it wasn't super clear. (It said "must complete with success the pre-reqs" or something of the sort...)

Archived