Premed 101 Forums

Help with US schools

Before I spend a few hours look through American medical school web sites I was hoping that someone out there may have some knowledge which can concentrate my search. I am looking for American schools which do not have prerequisites as far as undergraduate classes eg. organic chem and biochem. As well I am looking for schools in which 83-84% in last two years of study (with honours and thesis) is a realistic entrance grade.

Thanks for you time

Kevin

1) majority of US schools have preprequisites ...I don't know if there are any that dont have them.

2) US schools look at ALL post-secondary grades. They dont have weighting formulas or look at best/last 2 years. They will look at ALL your grades.

If I were you, I would try to get my hands on a copy of the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements). It's a book published by the AAMC and can be bought through the AAMC website ( http://www.aamc.org ) or from amazon. If you don't want to buy it, check out your school's academic advising/career centre or school/public libraries - they may carry a copy.

Hope this helps.

Archived