Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist position

Hey guys, I heard last night that this year Queen's is not sending out rejections - you're either waitlisted or accepted on May 15. Is that indeed the case? If yes, do they tell you your exact or approximate position on the waitlist on May 15? It would definitely be nice to at least have a general idea of where you stand should you be waitlisted.

Hey guys, I heard last night that this year Queen's is not sending out rejections - you're either waitlisted or accepted on May 15. Is that indeed the case? If yes, do they tell you your exact or approximate position on the waitlist on May 15? It would definitely be nice to at least have a general idea of where you stand should you be waitlisted.

In the past, they did not tell you your position.

I have a hard time believing that they are not going to send out any rejections. Kind of mean to say that if they are subsequently going to send them out. I know from friends who interviewed in past years there was some people you did not think should be doctors, plus the only reason you get an interview at queens is marks!

Yeah, I don't really mind not being told the EXACT waitlist position, but at least a quartile would be nice, so you have a general idea (let's face it, you will NOT get in from the bottom quartile and it'd be rather unlikely that you wouldn't if you are in the top quartile).

I think it's rather inconsiderate of schools to do this type of stuff and I'm not sure how it's better for them than telling people their positions so people can move on with their lives if they realize they are basically rejection material instead of waiting all summer.

I have a hard time believing that they are not going to send out any rejections.

Believe though.

And the reason they do this is a safety thing. A few years ago, I believe Mac sent out rejections, however the waitlist became exhausted, and they had to ask a few who were initially rejected to fill the class (which is important). Not fair, and I believe they should tell you what percentage or something like that, but I think they have good reason not to send rejections.

by hinting i mean that people called into the office. I remember a girl on the forum who really needed to know for the sake of housing and they told her to "probably expect a call within the next week". How nice!

hmmm... interesting...

That would be definitely be a benefit if true....

Archived