Premed 101 Forums

Anyone know when we find out for CNFS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's kinda stupid. so if you meet the wGPA cutoff, then you're better off applying to the english stream bc once they move down the list, you have a much better chance of getting in, unless the CNFS list moves I guess. argh, another waisted year. BTW, I don't have 1 babies, I have 2. But I have a great supportive family so that helps.

Well I think that if the applicants wGPA meet the french stream cutoff, then they should be slotted in with the rest of the applicants. Because really, you could have had a stellar interview and someone with a not as stellar interview would get the spot. Anyways, such is life. Did they say if the waitlist gets sent out later in the day or later as in with the other waitlist in May?

mbl, if i remeber correctly (i could be wrong too) you got in at more than one spot, have you decided where you're going?

Ya, you're right! I got in Dal too, and I'm leaning more towards that but I'm not sure yet...I'll let you guys know once I decide. Sorry to hear some of you got bad news...I know the feeling.

I apologize in advance for the rant.

I'm more upset than I thought I was going to be. Last year, I knew I did poorly on my interview. But this year I thought it went really well. I was sure of that. Now I just want to know where I ranked and I can't seem to reach admissions. I know they'll probably reply to my email next week, but I just want to know. And there's no guarantee that they'll tell me either. Which is completely ridiculous. If I ranked 23, then I know not to waste my time and money reapplying. But if I barely missed it, then I will re-apply next year and cross my fingers for a waitlist. Today is just one of those days when I wish I had stayed in bed.

Hi Clobliss,

I'm really sorry about the bad news (*hugs*). I think it's Ottawa's policy not to give a candidate's exact position on the waitlist, although I could be wrong, so it can't hurt to ask. Either way, even if you were 23 on the list (wich really isn't likely), it doesn't mean you shouldn't apply next year! You got an interview, and that's already the biggest cut. That means your application was really good. There's always ways to improve interview performance, IMO. If I were in your position I'd try to tell myself that 3rd time's a charm, do my best to stay as postive as possible & give it my best shot once more next yr. Much easier said than done, I know, but I think it's worth a try.

Thanks Julie for the reply. Well I had my pity party on Friday and after talking with my supervisor and then again with my husband that night, I have a new game plan. I'm still hoping that Ottawa will come through, but I'm not keeping my hopes up too high. I will re-write the MCAT in August. I wrote it last year and did well but not stellar. So I will rewrite it, pick up more volunteering hours, and another running group, and work on my interview skills again and re-apply next year everywhere I can. My GPA is only 3.79 so I can't apply to some schools, but I can try others. I'm also going to have do figure out a plan B and go with that. I'm thinking of physio since sports medicine is one of my interests, and we'll see what happens from there. Good luck to everyone. I'm still holding up hope for us.

Archived