Premed 101 Forums

University of Flordia a friend got in?!

A guy I know got into Univ of Florida (Gainesville) with relatively modest gpa and mcat scores. I honestly don't know how he did it because his stats are similar to mine and thus fairly low (31/3.3), but he said he told them he has a greencard... did that make all the difference?

If he has a green card and applied as a resident of Florida then it is possible, but very difficult, to be accepted with those stats. The rest of his app would have to be very good though. UF favors in-state and only takes very few extremely competitive out of state applicants.

I'm sure things like that happen for Harvard and Ivy League schools too....general undergrad admissions. Just now, it's being broadcasted.

Money and influence certainly has an effect, but nothing as blatant as what happened at UF.

The applicant does not have an MCAT score, did not apply through AMCAS, and was considered well past the UF deadline.

Hey, there's always that joke...(silghtly altered by me)

"What do you call the most hated med student of the graduating class?"

"Doctor"

while you are right, its a quality of life thing. I think I'd shun him from any social activites Im planning or convince him that antifreeze is just as good as vodka and see if he'd fall for it

Archived