Premed 101 Forums

When is the Online Admission Bursary Application due?

http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/financialServices/Bursaries.cfm

FAP - financial assistance profile - poor acronym choice as you can see

Site is here: https://studentservices.uwo.ca/secure/AdmissionBursaries/

I haven't seen a set date for completing it - I read another post on here that said sometime this weekend? It doesn't take very long to complete.

Its April 12th, according to the original email stating that we had an interview.

I'm not sure why the dates are different, but the bursary one is pretty quick - 10 minutes max if you can figure out a few things about about your expected LOC's and taxes (which I have trouble with, since I know nothing about loans etc!)

I'm glad the other is april 25th, after my exams are done. I'm going to have a fun time chasing down the financial info of my currently divorcing parents ... they're not overly eager to divulge it at the moment.

Thanks for the info guys.... especially the fapfapfap- punch drunk much! i just sent mine in, right under the wire, which is kind of my style...I am thinking i am not going to apply for the schulich scholarship because from what i am gathering it is not for an average med school student, more so for people with real need like those with dependents, huge undergrad debt from being from low income family, etc etc. anybody have any thoughts? it is so detailed and i don't feel like bugging my parents for all their info.

I know the scholarship is for low-income families, which is why I am somewhat surprised that they ask for residential property values. In my estimation, owning a house has little to do with how much money one makes, but rather how much money they are willing to save by sacrificing some of the other luxuries in life (ie. vacations, nice cars, etc.)

In my situation, both of my parents work 9-5 factory jobs with relatively low pay especially compared to households where one or both parents are professionals. As a result, my siblings and I have accrued about 100 K in combined student loans during our university careers. But my parents' bought their house over 25 years ago and the real estate value in our neighbourhood has increased exponentially over that time and it is now worth over $500,000.

By net family income, I'm sure I am on the lower end of things. But on net family worth I guess I wouldn't be. Whatever, I don't really care anymore. I'd give anything to get that offer of admission. :)

I wonder how much the property values matters too... mainly because in my (rather odd) situation those values are zero for both my parents. Neither of them own a place to live at the moment, which I assume can only help me.

However, I have no debt from undergrad, which will probably hurt me?

Archived