Premed 101 Forums

Applying to Australian Medical Schools

Guest jacksonchan85

Guest jacksonchan85

Hi guys,

How do you go about applying to Australian Medical Schools?

Is there a centralized application service, or do you apply to schools individually?

Also, which schools accept Canadian applicants?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest redshifteffect

Hey man...

Look i'm not sure if you have seen any of my posts....but as far as I know you will have to apply to all schools indiv. I'm attending Uni Tas but that's because I haven't done a previous degree. You may have, in which case I'm sure you will probably want to apply to a Post Grad school.

There are currently 3 CDNs that I know of here, but there may be more in the upper years. Most ppl apply to U of Syd or Queensland or even Flinders. But if you want to be close to all the major cities I recommend you apply to Monash or Syd. Monash isn't a post grad program but it's only 5 years, as most other unis will be. In my opinion the undergrad program is still more highly respected among the doctors here and I think you will get more out of them as they have been around longer, and don't have the curricul. problems of the post grad schools.

Anyway if you want any help with anything send me an email at znshaikh@utas.edu.au or zeshan1@hotmail.com...please put Aussie med schools or something like that in the subject so I don't delete ur msg.

Archived