Premed 101 Forums

How is student's life at Western U

Hey people...

I am from Montreal, and I want to know what student's life look like in med at Western U...

Is there activities?? Interesting things to do on weekends? Good night life?

People are easy going? Good facilities, libraries, gym on campus, swimming pool?

A lot of international students ( where are they mostly from?

Do you need a car? How is cost of living? Apartments near campus?

You know that type of things someone needs to know!!

Thanks

Hey people...

I am from Montreal, and I want to know what student's life look like in med at Western U...

Is there activities?? Interesting things to do on weekends? Good night life?

People are easy going? Good facilities, libraries, gym on campus, swimming pool?

A lot of international students ( where are they mostly from?

Do you need a car? How is cost of living? Apartments near campus?

You know that type of things someone needs to know!!

Thanks

haha that's a lot of questions....

Same things to do on weekends as in most cities.... night life is good.... main street of bars and a few different ones nearby whether you're looking for good beer, or a fancier establishment.... probably not comparable to Toronto or Montreal but good none the less.

They're putting in a brand new student centre with pools, squash courts, a gym and all that good stuff that should rival the best in North America....

Lots of library two of which are really big.... Housing available close to campus and away from it. Bus pass is included in your tuition so no you never need a car... I've lived as close to campus as you can get for 450 + Utilities and lived a km away for $450 inclusive... I'm moving into a nicer apartment building about 2 km away for $939 inclusive which my girlfriend and I will be splitting.... so it varies...

There are 3 or 4 apartment buildings very close to campus and fairly reasonably priced.....

Taxi system is good.... the student population is diverse.... and each ethnicity seems to have their own club for those that are interested....

I would recommend to anyone to come to Western.... London is a fun student town, the campus I think is gorgeous and inviting... I've really enjoyed my 5 years here so far and plan to enjoy another 4 or 5 lol If they'll let into their med school.

Seems like a great place to study and have a great time.

Do they do spring break travels?? Do you have time to participate in these spring break travels while doing med program....or should I forget it right away?

Although I wouldn't advocate using "spring break" as a deciding criterion for choosing a medical school, we do get a spring break. It's not usually at the same time as the regular undergrad spring break, however. People do use that time to travel, often in large EtOH-imbibing groups, to places warm and sunny.

Although I wouldn't advocate using "spring break" as a deciding criterion for choosing a medical school, we do get a spring break. It's not usually at the same time as the regular undergrad spring break, however. People do use that time to travel, often in large EtOH-imbibing groups, to places warm and sunny.

B-A-L-L-I-N

Archived