Premed 101 Forums

The UBC adcom met this weekend...

they only met just this weekend? they are REALLY slow compared to US schools. It should not take more than a month before they are ready to sit down and decide...anyways..i'm just ranting because the wait is unbearable. do they meet once a week? and are decisions made by vote or consensus?

lol you can actually get involved when you're a student. I think they elect a student rep every year :) Not suprising tons of ppl run for it; I voted for the guy in my class.

Funny how the lecturer today mentioned about the adcoms meeting and said guys dont develop their organization skills till later in our lives, therefore we're screwed coz first year marks are still looked at when you apply, haha good that I was still a nerd back then :P

Two, an Admissions Sr. Rep and an Admissions Jr. Rep. They're both voting members of the UBC MD Admissions Commttee, and the Medical Undergraduate Society (UBC MD Student Council).

They meet once throughout the year to decide admissions policy, and then for a couple days to decide matriculants.

I believe it's a committee vote.

My picture SUCKED, like seriously SUCKED coz i took it at the village and i was in a hurry to get my application in.

Good point about good looking though, i would say a lot of my classmates look quite attractive. Well at least they look intelligent. But looks can be deceiving, wait till you meet them in PBL, then all bets are off, heh heh

My picture SUCKED, like seriously SUCKED coz i took it at the village and i was in a hurry to get my application in.

Good point about good looking though, i would say a lot of my classmates look quite attractive. Well at least they look intelligent. But looks can be deceiving, wait till you meet them in PBL, then all bets are off, heh heh

as in most of them are retarded?

as in most of them are retarded?

I think by "retarded" you are referring to people who have cognitive disorders. Generally people who are cognitively delayed don't go to med school, so I don't think that is what Destiny Gundam was trying to say.

I was referring to the dominators, you'll meet at least a handful in your 2-year journey of PBL :)

There was one time when the tutor said "I think there's an imbalance with regards to the participation among the group, what do you guys think?" and guess who's the only one that responded.

:D

Archived